ABOUT THE COMPANY
Join Jetex, an award-winning global leader in executive aviation with a unique ecosystem of more than 35 locations around the world whose success always springs from the engagement and talent of teams who create flexible, best-in-class trip support solutions. The company provides exceptional private terminals (FBOs), aircraft fueling, ground handling and global trip planning. It caters to both owners and operators of business jets for corporate, commercial, and personal air travel. With professions that span our entire value chain-from trip planning to indulging passengers with exceptional hospitality-Jetex offers a vast range of career opportunities around the world. Committed to being an employer of choice, Jetex encourages employees to pursue their aspirations thanks to concrete development and learning opportunities, including personalized career itineraries, contribution to entrepreneurial projects and other initiatives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Flight Coordinator is responsible for conducting daily airside vehicle checks, assisting with pre and post activity checks for aircraft, carrying out baggage handling activities and ensuring the safety of passengers.
- Attend and participate in the daily shift briefings with the Ramp team.
- Stay updated on roster changes.
- Conduct daily airside vehicle checks, to ensure their serviceability. Ensure that the vehicles are clean, and no items are left behind.
- Coordinate and organize services with all stakeholders for catering, fueling, and any other services as necessary.
- Relay key points of communication between the Crew and the Jetex teams, to manage services, baggage handling and passenger handling on the airside.
- Assist the Ramp team with pre and post activity checks for all aircrafts as defined in the established procedures.
- Carry out baggage handling activities and baggage transfers as per the instructions received.
- Assist in wing walking and marshalling to ensure safe services.
- Drive luxury vehicles on the airside, to transport passengers and crew to and from the aircraft.
- Ensure a high degree of customer service, attentiveness, speed, and control error rates, whilst maintaining consistency in services.
- Ensure safety of clients, passengers, aircraft, Jetex personnel, equipment, communication devices and assets at all times.
- Wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when on the airside, and as appropriate to the operational environment and service being performed.
Internal management duties:
- Raise incidents, accidents, close calls or observations in line with the Incident Management procedure.
- Maintain awareness and safety related to work area and other equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Line Manager.
- Adhere to the documented procedures of the organization or department and retain documented evidence related to the performance of their role.
- The employee is expected to exercise their duty of care, and must be aware of their health and safety responsibilities, accountability and authority; and shall comply with the policies and procedures outlined by the organization.
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in aviation or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in aviation operations.
- Fluent in English (written/verbal)
- Knowledge in aviation operations, flight operations and aviation regulations
- Sound knowledge of the safety requirements and procedures
- Awareness of aviation concepts and terminology
- Good organizational skills and prioritization
- Leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail