ABOUT THE ROLE
treasury accountant is one who monitors the cash flow of a company daily,
making periodic analysis, using certain investment skills and business acumen.
- Ensure that all cash payments are done on the due course
after receiving the appropriate approvals
- Maintaining records regarding disbursements that have been
made from the fund
- Replenishing the fund.
- Filing the Petty Cash Certificate for every day of the month.
- Maintain an appropriate level of petty cash funds to meet the
office immediate requirements for expenses in cash
- Keep the petty cash fund separate from any other cash funds
- Physically secure the fund and, when not in use, keep in a
locked compartment or safe
- Maintain a daily transaction history of all transactions
- A formal requisition for cash withdrawal shall be prepared
for replenishment of petty cash funds and approved by authorized personnel (as
specified in the Matrix of Financial Authorities).
- Prepare Supplier payments through CHQs for FZE & DWC
after receiving the related approvals
- Prepare a daily cash report for what have been paid during
- Reconciling of bank statements against the GL, and clearing
- Keep a good relationship with the banks.
- Handle the Annual Audit requirements
related to Treasury if needed and requested by the Treasury manager.
- Maintain a daily -
Weekly - Monthly reconciliation report.
- Bachelor's Degree in Account
- Proficiency in communicating with the management and staff of the company
- Ability to assign duties and to management a team effectively
- Self-motivated individual with effective organizational skills
- Ability to undertake multiple tasks at the same time without losing focus
- Must be proactive, with the ability to meet and surpass project deadlines
- Computer knowledge -a good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Spreadsheet
- Fluency in English
- Advisory Skills
- Experience in handling Statutory skills